Monday, May 21, 2012

it's gonna be an empty road

I just wanted to pop in and say hello before I dig into my to-do list for today. It's a drizzly, dreary Monday morning, and honestly, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It reminds me of Oregon. I woke up hearing the rain pour down, which, in my opinion, is one of the best ways to wake up. I've got a cup of coffee, strawberry-rhubarb crisp for breakfast, and a short work week. Things are looking pretty good so far!
I finished a book over the weekend. 17) Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. This is a paranormal YA that's part X-Men and part romance. I thought the use of language was very interesting, very raw and visceral and different. It was easy to feel for Juliette. I thought Warner was completely creepy and awful, but he was so obviously lonely I felt a little sorry for him too. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in sequels, and would definitely recommend this to anybody who doesn't mind some experimentation with voice and style.
On the unfucking my life front, I sanded down the damaged spots on my desk. now I just need to paint them. I did some reorganizing in my office, too, so the storage is better used. And I finished weatherproofing all my leather shoulder bags. Progress!
And on that night, it's time to get to work. Happy Monday, everyone. Enjoy the thunderstorm.

No comments: