Saturday, May 22, 2010

take a look around

Somewhat lazy Saturday so far. I've done some freelancing, ran some things to the thrift store, tidied that apartment. That's about it. Starting to feel nibbly, but haven't played my clarinet yet, but my partner-in-crime is asleep on the couch so instead of making noise I'm here, talking to you. Went to yoga yesterday after work; that felt really good. After, I sat in a cafe with LG and did a smidge of writing. Banged out an outline for the third short story on my list for this year, and did some brainstorming for my radio play episodes. The remainder of the evening was spent drinking, which was a little foolish but fun, so oh well. Oh, read another book!
24. Mathilda Savitch by Victor Lodato. It was weird. The writing was distinctive, and consistent, and quirky. The main character, Mathilda, has some ISSUES. To be fair, so do her parents. Mathilda's older sister dies about a year before the events of the book. It is interesting to watch Mathilda deal with her grief, and see how she deals with her life. But I don't think it's a keeper for me. It somehow just didn't quite draw me in enough.
I think that's all I've got for today. I turned the computer on to do some writing, but all I've done so far is bum around on the Internet. Time for some discipline, and some teen superhero action!
Happy Saturday, everyone!

No comments: