One book to report: 43) Birds of Paradise by Diana Abu-Jaber. I loved this book. Frankly, I love everything I've read by Diana Abu-Jaber; her language sings. This book is about a fractured family. The daughter ran away at thirteen. Five years later, the mother and father are struggling to hold it together, while the son, a college dropout, struggles to keep his organic market afloat. This book is really about a chance for redemption, and it's beautiful. If you haven't read any of Abu-Jaber's books, go to the bookstore RIGHT NOW. She's amazing.
Beyond that, I don't have much to report. I'm still restless. I still am lacking in time to do the things I want to do. Lately I've been really missing poetry. I want to start reading/writing it again, but I find it hard for my writer-brain to exist on the poetry side and the fiction side at the same time. Anybody have any poets to recommend, for new reading material? I'd love to get into some different writers.
I did go to a CD release party last week for Bess Rogers. I supported her album on Kickstarter. I really enjoyed her as well as her two openers. But going to her show really made me miss being in a band. Anybody want to jam, once my bass is no longer residing in my storage unit?
All right. Busy week at work; I should probably get to it. Happy Wednesday, everybody. I'll see you on the other side.
1 comment:
Oh man, time in the park with tea and a book sounds like heaven.
Post a Comment