Friday, August 28, 2009

seven days later

Hey, at least I seem to be hitting the Fridays fairly consistently.
What a long week! I wanted to get here earlier to ramble about half-forgotten dreams and interesting musicians and books and such, but things have been just busy in my little office. But I didn't want to leave you all high and dry for the weekend without saying hello.
It feels like autumn today, and I love it. I can't wait for the weather to really change! It's not like this summer has been particularly bad or anything, though. I'm just craving fall. Oh, to go sit in the park with the autumn leaves swirling down around me. . . .
I've been going through the things I've got bookmarked here on my work computer recently, since the list was a little out-of-hand. I may have to post some links here soon. There is some fantastically interesting, inspiring stuff out there on the internet!
I've started planning Yule gifts for people already, and I've got a good start on it, I think. Anybody else out there started already? I think my idea for people's stockings is going to be great. I'm making little magic sachets full of herbs, and different people's sachets will have different focuses. And yes, I'm sewing them myself. By hand. I bought the sweetest little fabrics for them at Purl last week!
Countdown to parent visit. They get here next Tuesday, late late late in the day. Should be a lot of fun!
I've been slowly wending my way through Nor for one last tidy. Unfortunately, I won't finish by the end of August, which was my original goal. But perhaps mid-September; we'll see what happens. I need to spend more time crafting a query letter, too. Those are hard for me. Are they hard for anybody else? I'm sure they must be. Hmm.
Anyway. I just want to go sit in the park and read, that sounds so lovely. I think I'll reserve part of tomorrow for that. Now I think I'll dive back into cleaning my office for a bit, and then head home to my freelancing project. Have a good weekend, all!

No comments: