Last night I dreamed that I was in some sort of reform halfway house for girls, with my friends A and C. We were the girls who hung out in the back of the room smoking cigarettes and talking when we were supposed to be paying attention. We were the girls who snuck into town after curfew. Etc. For part of the dream we were sitting on a table in the back of a crowded room smoking under a no-smoking sign. Then we were in a cafeteria, sitting at a long table, picking at our lunches and smoking and I had just found out I was pregnant. The father (one of my friends in real life) was really excited, telling everyone he knew and just beaming with happiness until I cornered him and told him I didn't know if I was keeping it. Then he got angry and asked, "Don't I have a say in that?" That's really about all I remember.
Happy Friday everyone! It's beautiful out right now. I ca't help wishing that I could skip out on work and go read in the park for a few hours. But, I 'm sure I'll get some days like that once summer Fridays start. Which isn't for another two months. Sigh. I can be patient . . . or I can try, at least!
Anyway. I need to be really productive today. Just thought I'd share the dream. It's been a while since I had a pregnancy dream. The first year or two that I lived in NYC I had a whole series of dreams about having a child. Her name was Cole; she had curly blonde hair. The dream last night wasn't anything like the Cole dreams, but it still reminded me of her. Anyway. Time to get to it. I hope you all have a good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment