In other news, I've been slowly brainstorming about the series arc and sequel plotlines for my book. More to do on that, but I think I'm moving in the right direction. Once that's all sussed out, I can start editing this book, which I'm looking forward to.
I've read a couple books so far this year:
1) Ganymede by Cherie Priest. Third book in the Clockwork Century series. Love it! I love all of Cherie's books, honestly, but this series is so much fun. Steampunk! Air pirates! Civil War alternate history! Zombies! What's not to love?
2) The Saga of Swamp Thing. I read the first trade that came out after Alan Moore took over, and I have to say, this is a pretty amazing graphic novel. It's dark and moody and introspective, and has some great horror moments to it. I'll definitely be reading more in this series.
3) Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season 8: Vol. 1. Love it! This picks up shortly after the television series ends, after Buffy has changed the world. I enjoyed it so much I went to the comic book shop down the block from work and ordered the next two trades. What can I say? The Buffy 'verse really resonates for me.
And now, I should probably get to work. Things are a little on the quiet side this week, so I stand a chance of catching up if I can find a little focus and motivation.
No comments:
Post a Comment