Friday, November 6, 2009

another friday

I can't believe it's November already! This year has gone by so fast!
I had lunch with a friend today whose book is out on submission with a bunch of publishers. I'm really excited for her! And talking to her about it really just brought home how much I want to get Nor out there. I need to make time to work up a query letter, and a synopsis, so I can get an agent. Soon, soon. I've got a lot of freelancing on my plate because of complicatedness at work, but overall I am really working on balancing my time better. I feel like I'm getting somewhere, slowly but surely!
Neil Gaiman blogged about Argleton, a town that mysteriously seems to exist only online. How intriguing, don't you think? That's just begging for some speculative fiction!
Recently I went to the Spectrum exhibit at The Society of Illustrators here in NYC. I love good fantasy art, and this was two rooms full of really amazing work. Some artists I really like contributed, like John Jude Palencar, Kinuko Craft, and Michael Whelan, as well as a ton I'd never heard of before. I wish I could copy and paste some of the art in, but that's a no-go, so you'll just have to go here instead.
I think that's going to have to be it for now, sadly. It's time to head home and get back to freelancing. The sooner I knock out some work tonight, the sooner I can work on that query letter. . . Have a good night, my sweets!

No comments: