Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Briefly

It's 5 pm, and I could be going home now, but instead I'm inhabiting my little virtual home for just a moment. I just have a couple of things I'd like to get off my chest.
First, why are plane tickets so expensive around the holidays?!? I mean, really. I don't have that kind of spare change laying around, do you?
Second, I was at my partner-in-crime's house the other day, and out of the blue he looked at me and said, "You know, so-and-so and I were talking about you the other day. The way you dress. She thinks you could really dress better than you do. And I think so, too. You know, you could do a really funky business-casual look . . ." And my only response was, "I like the way I dress, thank you, and why on earth were you discussing my style choices with so-and-so???" I was totally offended. He basically just told me that he doesn't think I look that good on a regular basis. What would you say, if your partner-in-crime said something like that? Ugh. I was disgusted at the lack of thoughtfulness.
Third, last night I dreamed that I was on some sort of trip to the west coast, and I was at this big shopping/entertainment center type place, and was wandering around with my sister J. Our whole extended family was there, and lots of friends too, including what-if boy, and I was having such a nice time hanging out with him but then he disappeared and then I had to get on the airplane to leave (conveniently located just outside the entertainment center). So J and I got on the plane to leave, but then the pilot told us we wouldn't be leaving for a couple hours, so I made them open the door and let me out. I went back into the entertainment center and found what-if boy, who said he'd left for a while because he had to go to work, or had to talk to someone, or something. And I was glad I'd found him again before I had to leave. There was an earlier dream, but it's quite hazy and vague. Something about being on a ship. There was a group of us. And we were lost, and trying to get home. The ship was large, and there was something dangerous on board with us, but I can't remember what. A vague recollection of playing some music on a record player, and an overall sense of foreboding and tension. That's all I've got for that one.
And now, time to go home. I've got quite a lot to do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that is bs!! You dress how you are comfortable and in what you like, that is what is important, not someone else's idea of what could look more stylish on you... I want to say that I can't believe he was that rude and tactless, but unfortunately, I can believe it...