Wednesday, November 30, 2011

right around the corner

Do you know what tomorrow is?
It's December.
That's right. Already. How did that happen? Where did November go?
I wish I had more to tell you, but honestly, life is pretty much the same as it was the last time I posted. Still working on the novel. still behind at work. Still trying to sort out a new apartment; yes, there's one in Astoria we want. No, we don't have a signed lease yet. If that doesn't happen this weekend I am going to start looking again.
because the apartment hunt is taking longer than I originally anticipated, I don't know if we're going home for the holidays. Which, frankly, really bums me out. I like spending the holidays with my family. I like seeing my friends, and my godchildren. I like shopping at my favorite bookstore, and having long evenings of board games and Christmas movies. But this year . . . we'll see. I need to have the apartment thing done before I can go anywhere. With each passing day, it's less likely that I'll make it home this year. . . .
Sorry for the glum entry. That's really about all that's going on. Happy Wednesday, everybody. Maybe next week will be a more optimistic one.

No comments: